Director of Finance
Deadline: Nov 16, 2017
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post: Director of Finance
- Manage the Financial functions of the hotel to ensure the accuracy, integrity, legality and timeliness of financial reports
- Establish and maintain a system of internal control of hotel assets, revenues and expenses.
- Direct the timely recording of financial data and preparation of financial and management report and making sound decisions and plans and to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Control expenses in relation to revenues as per approved budget for achieving maximum profits.
- Develop and maintain annual budgets for use by the hotel and Owner in measuring, planning and controlling business operations.
- Provide financial consultancy service to Hotel Management for developing promotions to increase revenues or to adopt cost cutting measures to decrease expenses.
- Ensure the safeguarding of hotel’s assets in the interests of Owner and General Manager for providing continuous and efficient service to the guest.
- Prepare annual salary increases for graded employees for approval by appropriate decision makers to compensate these employees on a timely basis.
- Ensure that the Purchasing section in thoroughly familiar with the market and obtain best possible bids on purchases to control or lower operating expenses.
- Ensure that all required coverage of all insurances policies of the hotel are in effect as well as all necessary licenses are renewed
- Responsible for reviewing and approving of legal contracts and attending to all legal matters in the hotel operations. Work with human resources employees to secure candidates who will be an asset to the finance department.
- Good command over Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- Advanced degree in Finance, Accounting or a Related field
- Excellent leadership skills; exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Thorough understanding of business principles and practices; superior attention to detail; organizational skills; planning skills; problem-solving skills; research skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; multi-tasking skills.
- MBA/ Masters Degree in Finance/ Accounting from any reputed University
- Minimum 10 years of related experience.
Salary: Negotiable/ Mention expected salary